Leidos is seeking an Energy Engineer to join our Hawai‘i Energy program team’s efforts in empowering our community to achieve the state’s clean energy goals.
The desirable candidate has both Engineering and code development competencies, along with excellent communication skills. They should possess a passion, curiosity, and drive to learn and provide technical assistance to optimize energy consumption by commercial customers with a specific focus on the industrial sector. The desirable candidate is also passionate about achieving carbon neutrality and is committed to empowering customers to reach Hawai‘i’s 100% clean energy goal by 2045.
Under the guidance of the Technical Services Engineering Manager and/or other staff, the Energy Engineer will:
- Review energy efficiency calculations and energy models for commercial projects
- Perform data acquisition and analysis for internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze billing and utility data using linear and multilinear regression models (post project reviews, rates, weatherization, and anomalies)
- Provide energy advising customized for industrial sector customers.
- Perform site visits to conduct building energy audits to identify major energy consumption areas and optimize building operation, lighting, controls and HVAC equipment operation
- Write technical summaries and briefs for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Provide educational information to building owners and the design and construction communities
- Develop and review measurement and verification (M&V) plans, perform M&V activities and analyze data to determine savings and costs of projects
- Develop and deliver presentations for events and meetings and participate in stakeholder community events
- Assist in the maintenance of SQL and Salesforce databases.
- Assist in the design and development of data integrations between internal and external systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Two years of experience in engineering, technical project management or related areas. Candidates with more years of experience would be considered for greater levels of responsibility.
- Proficiency in analytical programming language (R, Python) as well as SQL.
- Strong technical, quantitative and analytic capabilities including technical report writing and advanced spreadsheet analysis
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within cross functional teams
- Physical ability to perform energy audits and field verification of pre and post installation of energy efficiency measures
- Valid Driver’s license required
- Project financing and cost analysis
- Experience in the fields of energy efficiency and/or the built environment
- Energy auditing and field metering experience
- Construction management, and/or building maintenance experience
About Hawai‘i Energy
For over 10 years, Hawai‘i Energy has empowered island families and businesses to make smart energy choices by educating them about the many, lasting benefits of clean energy. We encourage and reward practical everyday energy-saving decisions that save money, grow our economy and reduce the demand for electricity. Our team members are committed to our mission and supporting Hawai‘i’s goal to achieve 100% clean energy by 2045. The Hawai‘i Energy program is administered by Leidos, Inc. under a contract with the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission. For more information, visit www.hawaiienergy.com
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.