Leidos is seeking a Climate and Energy Analyst to join our Climate, Energy, and Environment Portfolio within the Leidos Civil Group supporting customers with sustainability, greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting and mitigation, and Executive Order implementation.
Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
The Climate and Energy Analyst will be responsible for the collection, analyses, validation, and presentation of energy and GHG data and will serve as technical advisor to DoD and other government stakeholders on trends in energy and emissions. The Climate and Energy Analyst will assist with the development of strategic plans for the collection and management of energy and emissions data and will recommend best practices for reducing emissions across multiple sources and sectors.
Under the guidance of the Program Manager and/or other staff, the Climate and Energy Analyst will:
- Collect and analyze energy and emission data from multiple stakeholders.
- Develop and implement emission reduction strategies and procedures.
- Identify high priority areas for emissions reductions.
- Model/project the impact of emissions reduction initiatives.
- Draft executive summary reports and white papers for climate and energy related data, including briefings, position papers, and similar analytical products in support of the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Environmental Studies, Sustainability, Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, or General) or related field and at least 2 years' experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with Greenhouse Gas emissions tracking and accounting.
- Strong technical, quantitative, and analytic capabilities including technical report writing and advanced spreadsheet analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within cross functional teams.
- Experience with Department of Defense energy and sustainability initiatives.
- Experience with energy conservation and renewable energy projects.
- Understanding of data management, environment reporting, and data integrity.
- Experience with an analytical programming language (R, Python) as well as SQL.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.