The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an IT Communications and Engagement Lead in Bethesda, MD.
- Support CIO in strategizing, developing, and communicating key initiatives to the stakeholders
- Support the development of IT strategic messaging, positioning and target audience development to advance awareness and build demand for solution offerings
- Assist in the development of content strategy alongside internal resources and business stakeholders
- Maintain and communicate project timelines and deliverables to ensure successful execution of programs with reporting and tracking of leads
- Communications - Prepare internal communications that support and bolster the CIO organization’s initiatives, solutions, and offerings
- Work closely with team members to share best practices and leverage communications programs and initiatives; create a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Provide a range of other communication activities that include, but are not limited to: communications planning; promotion of the CIO office and its programs to the researchers through newsletters, brochures and other information products;
Bachelor's degree in computer science or the equivalent combination of experience preferred.
A minimum of 7 years related experience as listed below.
- 7 + years of experience working directly with the scientific/technical field(s) of interest
- 7+ years of experience developing contents for IT communications
- Experience working as an IT business analyst a plus
- Strong in writing and editing. Strong skills in Microsoft office products including power point
- Executive presentation and reporting experience.
- Experience with internal and external outreach, social media and collaboration tools is preferred. Background in a Government agency communications setting is a plus.
- Proactive and self-motivated to work ahead of deadlines, doing what it takes to do the job well and above expectation
- Attention to detail and deep organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- An understanding of C-Suite needs / understands the need for accuracy and expediency
- Ability to communicate technical information to lay audience, as demonstrated by writing samples
- Experience working directly for or with federal scientific agencies strongly preferred. NIH experience a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.