Leidos is seeking a DevSecOps Engineer will apply practices that combine software development and IT operations to shorten development life cycle and provide continuous delivery of secure quality software. This role will work with collaborative teams in planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems on an enterprise-wide basis. This is a hands on position providing tools and technical planning to help focus teams on building, highly secure software quickly. The DevSecOps Engineer will enable teams to increase performance processes and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools for the MEAD Infrastructure COIs and Software Factory teams.
In this role, a portion of the unclassified work can be done remotely, with approval from the prime contractor. In office work will be done in a facility in the Springfield/Alexandria area, with occasional in person meetings at other DC area locations such as Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and Reston, VA.
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
- Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently
- Mentor and train other engineers throughout the company and seek to continually improve processes companywide
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- 6+ years of experience as a software development engineer with progressive technical leadership and DevSecOps experience
- Bachelors degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university OR 4 years of additional DevOps experience.
- Experience developing Pipelines as Code and implementing CI/CD pipelines for the large ecosystem of microservices
- Experience documenting and implementing a Software Configuration Management and Release Management Plan and Processes
- Strong programming background with fluency in at least one major language (Java, Node, etc.) or scripting tool (Bash, Python, etc.)
- IAT Level II DoD 8570 compliant certification
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Experience developing engineering applications for a large corporation
- Demonstrated project development and leadership skills
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferred
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Advanced education and application of business analysis techniques and strategy
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and civil engineering preferred
- Experience working together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications
- Professional work experience in team building and project organization
- IAT Level III or IAM Level II DoD 8570 compliant certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.