Responsible for all facets of engineering and administering a COBOL Server Express 5.1 or Visual COBOL 8 environments at PD ALTESS. This includes architecting infrastructure, installing and configuring operating system configuration in an UNIX environment. Once deployed, responsible for maintaining the infrastructure to meet availability and performance standards. Must have 1-3 years of experience with COBOL server. Specific activities and associated deliverables include support of these COBOL environments; Dev, Training, Staging, Prod and COOP environments; possibly assisting in project releases; configuring and installing the COBOL environment, assisting in troubleshooting of reported outages. Responsible for maintaining security standards in the COBOL environment and ensuring the environment meets ALTESS and ARMY security requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
• Working tasks in ServiceNow for installing, configuring, patching or troubleshooting Application and Web servers
• Documenting progress on tickets with in ServiceNow.
• Periodic review of Army Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
• Documenting common knowledge for future team use into Atlassian Confluence tool
• Consistent review of literature and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology
- Bachelors Degree and 12+ yrs of Experience or Masters and 10+
- Knowledge of COBOL server and compiler environments
- Knowledge of UNIX administration skills.
- Ability to communicate to external customers in a professional manner.
- 1-3 years of experience in COBOL server management
Security Clearance: Fully adjudicated DOD Secret, as a minimum
CompTIA Security+ Another OS environmental cert within 6 months
- Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work, maintain project schedules and manage tasks to ensure completion of projects within the established schedules
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- Knowledge of the Cyber Command Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) processes and procedures.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.