The Logistics Lead will manage and support the Johnson Space Center NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) logistics team, and to be responsible for the inventory of devices, peripheral equipment, consumables, packaging supplies, shipping materials, documents, and other materials in support of the NEST Contract. The candidate will possess a keen attention to detail, multitasking ability and provide effective communication supported by a philosophy of continuous improvement and standardized work processes.
- Work as an integral part of the supply chain management team and service delivery. Complete with asset management and inventory for the Johnson Space Center.
- Provide on-going monitoring of material distribution and stock levels to ensure the safe and efficient flow of devices, orders, and peripheral assets.
- The Logistics Manager reviews inventory, in-bound and out-bound shipments and keeps-up with our ongoing demand to ensure proper stock levels are maintained and/or reported.
- Good teamwork attitude in working with procurement and fulfillment, to be extra eyes if there is an order that needs attention.
- Responsibilities will include building, coaching, mentoring, and managing the performance of the Logistics Team, but may also include performing manual tasks.
- Managing a team of seven to complete tasks and orders.
- Prepare or delegate shipment of packages via FedEx, UPS, USPS, and any other carriers.
- Quality control with system documentation of packing slips, invoices, material costs and transactions.
- Develop and maintain process documentation and creating efficiencies to the logistics processes as ongoing continual service improvements for the center and the agency.
- Assist with turn-in, repair, and relocation of equipment.
- Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have 3 years of leadership or management experience.
- Must be able to lift and move equipment 10 – 15 lbs.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
-Requires BS Degree and 2-4 years of relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of experience or equivalent years of experience
●2- years related experience.
●Demonstrated experience coordinating large equipment moves for end user customers.
●Ability to prioritize work requirements.
●Knowledge of ITSM toolset (Service Now).
-Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,150.00 - $71,000.00 - $95,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.