You’ll work on the Automation Team to develop tooling, practices, and common configuration for use by operations teams across the agency. You’ll help in improving the automation of deployment and operations of a vast array of services & applications in a wide range of technologies that support NASA’s mission, from thousands of VMs in on-prem data centers, to HPC clusters for scientific computing, to cloud-based Kubernetes environments with modern CI/CD pipelines.
- Development of automation tooling to be used by engineers across the org.
- CI/CD processes
- VM & container image builders
- Plugins/integrations for larger automation systems
- Development and maintenance of common IaC configuration to be used across the org.
- Base roles for Ansible
- Shared config for Terraform
- Base templates/classes/etc for generated k8s configuration
- Problem solving - digging into logs and telemetry to identify availability issues before they spiral out of control.
- Not the first line of defense, but close to the last
- Helping operations teams with problems they can’t resolve
- 5+ years of experience in IaC system administration, DevOps, and/or software engineering.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines in any form.
- Experience with Linux and its tooling - containers are just Linux processes.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, from either the provider or user end.
- Programming Languages: Python, Go, Bash, Powershell
- IaC tools: Ansible, Terraform
- Platform technologies: Containers, Kubernetes, Gitlab/Github/Jenkins CI/CD
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
This job posting is no longer active.