Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Network Systems Security Engineer supporting NASA on the Cybersecurity and Privacy Enterprise Support Services Contract (CyPrESS) at Kennedy Space Center.
Working on the CyPrESS contract, you will work with project managers, IT Security Leads, Network Engineers, and Information Assurance Professionals to develop and implement cybersecurity standards and procedures,. You’ll support analysis, design, and development of security features for key systems and support the integration and implementation of cybersecurity solutions for enterprise systems across NASA. You’ll implement security measures to resolve vulnerability’s, mitigated risks and recommend security changes to assets as needed.
• Configure and optimize network hubs, routers, and switches (e.g., higher-level protocols, tunneling).
• Develop and implement network backup and recovery procedures.
• Diagnose network connectivity problems
• Install and maintain network infrastructure device operating system software (e.g., IOS, firmware).
• Install or replace network hubs, routers, and switches.
• Monitor network capacity and performance.
• Patch network vulnerabilities to ensure information is safeguarded against outside parties
• Test and maintain network infrastructure including software and hardware devices.
- 4+ years of experience in Cybersecurity, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering experience
- One or more DoD 8570.01-M Cyber certification
- Understanding of Computer Network Defense, Business Continuity, Encryption, Information Assurance, Infrastructure Design, Network Management, Operating Systems, System Administration, Systems Integration, Technology Awareness, Telecommunications, and web technology.
- OPM Tier 2 or higher LOC, must be a US citizen and be able to achieve a public trust
- Experience working in the NASA environment
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to work with upper management and interface with the customer
- Cybersecurity Certification including CISSP, GCIA, CEH, GCIH, GCFA, or CSIH
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.