Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Sr. Cloud Engineer?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Sr. Cloud Engineer position which can be worked from our state-of-the-art Operations Center in Blacksburg, VA or remote. The Sr. Cloud Engineer will work with an elite team of IT professionals to maintain an optimal cloud architecture and environment for critical customer systems. The Sr. Cloud Engineer is responsible for overseeing the design, build, operations, and maintenance of the AWS cloud-based systems and ensuring maximum availability, performance, and security for our DoD customer.
The Sr. Cloud Engineer is responsible for architecting advanced integrated cloud business enabling solutions and providing technical direction to our DOD customer in support of their numerous ERP systems. Duties will include the provisioning and upkeep of cloud resources, troubleshooting issues within the cloud environment, and making recommendations for system improvements.
- Support tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full life cycle.
- Under the guidance of a senior team member:
- Create designs, implementation plans, operational documentation, and continual improvement of cloud services
- Implement architectural changes, make recommendations of Cloud Services to customer
- Examine utilization and performance metrics and provide reports to customer
- Work closely with Operations teams, other team members, contractors, and application owners to solve complex technical problems related to cloud hosted systems
- Work with Security team to ensure deployed resources conform to DoD security specifications
- Monitor health, performance, and operational trends to proactively identify issues before they become incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree and some experience in related IT experience, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
- Familiar with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Familiar with Cloud computing environment, such as AWS
- Capable of working within a team and independently
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability
- Detail oriented with experience interacting with customers
- Proficient in creating technical documentation and diagrams
- US Citizen
DoD Secret clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable)
AWS Coud Practitioner or Associate certification
Familiarity with programming and infrastructure automation (JSON, YAML, Python, Terraform)
Other industry certifications a plus
Famliarity implementing Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) for various systems
**Candidates within a commutable distance to Blacksburg, VA preferred
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.