Seeking a career with a sense of purpose, work life balance, and growth opportunities? There’s a place for you at Leidos! At Leidos, we are committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. You would be a valued member of global team providing services across civil, defense, health and intelligence business lines. At Leidos, team member career development, flexibility, and well-being are priority and is supported by consistent leadership engagement, an experienced human relations staff, and numerous employee support programs.
Use your unique talents and make an immediate impact…
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking a Configuration Manager
To be successful in this role, the candidate should have experience with performing all areas of Configuration Management (CM), including planning, identification, change control, status accounting, and validation and verification for multiple product baselines. The candidate should possess a general familiarity with IT networks, to include network appliances (routers, load balancers, firewalls). Additionally, the candidate should have the ability to develop, document, implement and maintain CM processes and activities in support of the Compartmented Enterprise Services Office (CESO) program.
With the CESO program, the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) is looking to transform the existing Secure Web Services (SWS) environment, which provides secure information sharing to the community, into a more mature service offering to meet the DoD and intelligence communities. As part of this task order, Leidos will manage the commercial cloud migration and disestablishment of legacy systems, fully automate the continuous development & continuous integration environment, fourth estate consolidation, professionalize services – ITIL/DevSecOps based processes, improve the customer experience 1st call resolution, and achieve development of a service catalog for Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) Model.
This position is in either Alexandria, VA, or Arlington, VA with occasional/situational travel.
The candidate will work with a team of engineers focused on maintaining the integrity of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB). The team is focused on adapting industry standard best practices while developing and enhancing automated network reconciliation and discovery. The candidate must be a flexible team player who is able to prioritize and support multiple concurrent tasks:
- Assist with establishment of procedure/processes for implementing changes; offering customer support as required
- Review and analyze approved production change releases and coordinate with engineering, implementations, operations teams as required to ensure that changes are implemented and documented per the standard
- Perform day-to-day tasks including but not limited to, responding to customer inquiries for metric reporting, data validation audits, data cleansing activities, discovery/reconciliation actions, etc.
- Perform various methods of data/metric collection; automated report creation utilizing Configuration Management tools as well as manual methods (i.e., GUI, command line, etc.)
- Perform manual validation of baseline configuration for a wide variety of network appliances and applications by accessing via GUI, command line and performing commands to display the required configuration data.
- Analyze network infrastructure and configuration issues that result in discovery failures.
- Review, analyze and Manage escalated Incident tickets and coordinate with engineering teams to ensure a solution will be implemented
- Manage Briefings to leadership providing them necessary data to approve/deny escalated tickets and brief to program the approved incident tickets
- Manage Incident ticket data for reporting and data analytics
- BS and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Candidate must possess an active DOD TS/SCI level security clearance, and be eligible to obtain and maintain a w/CI Poly
- Current DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II
- Hardware/Software Configuration Management Experience
- Change Management, understanding of Engineering Review Board & Change Control Board process
- Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
- IAT Level II Baseline Certification (e.g. CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
- Ability to translate highly technical matter to non-technical audience
- Prior experienced with DISA and DISA’s support to mission partners
- TS/SCI w/CI Poly Preferred
- Master’s degree in IT, or related field
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.