The Maritime System Division (MSD) of Leidos’ develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. MSD is currently seeking a qualified, energetic employee to fill the position of Production Assistant, to assist in the production of advanced ocean sensor systems and payload subsystems, and integration of those systems with manned and unmanned maritime platforms. Current and future projects span advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production. .
MSD is an industry leader in developing, applying, and advancing state of the art signal processing technologies and hardware/software systems for C4ISR including distributed netted sensor systems, communications systems, positioning systems, tactical decision systems, and autonomous unmanned platforms. Leidos maritime systems are addressing complex mission requirements and pioneering impressive firsts in the application of novel physical insights translated into advanced signal processing solutions and applied to the full range of maritime missions. The successful applicant will work collaboratively with an outstanding group of engineers and technologists located in Long Beach MS. The successful applicant will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in maritime systems development, and will support production of advanced systems for the Department of Defense.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Bill of Materials (BOM): part categories, drawing types, change orders and document control processes.
- Review and process part/product changes efficiently, accurately and consistently.
- Drive process improvement initiatives in an effort to streamline and standardize proper CM status accounting and procedural implementation.
- Analyze change impact on in-process and on-hand material.
- Review and analyze program data deliveries for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Facilitate Change Control Boards; review change proposals in a group or virtual setting, and manage open items to closure.
- Manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Communicate regularly cross functionally to assure requirements, milestones, and deadlines are met.
- Experience handling highly regulated, classified or sensitive data.
- Prepare for and support functional and physical configuration audits.
- General data-entry.
- Requires a BA degree and 2 - 4 years of experience in Configuration Data Management or equivalent discipline.
- BS degree and/or CM certification from an ASQ accredited source. Experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Familiarity with CAD applications and software library tools (Solidworks and Git).
- Intermediate to advanced Word and MS Excel knowledge.
- Versed in the fundamental principles of EIA-649 and AS 9100.
- Proficient in PLM, ePDM, CostPoint, ERP, Quickbase and/or equivalent CM tools or platforms.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, organization, problem-solving skills and adaptability.
- Thrives in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently
- Management experience
- Experience with manufacturing operations for Department of Defense customers
- Be able to obtain an active SECRET Security clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.