The Maritime System Division (MSD) of Leidos’ develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients.
We are excited to announce an opening for a Junior Material Procurement / Administrative Support in the Long Beach, MS facility. This person will be responsible for supporting the material acquisitions for Production Programs as well as Non-Production Programs and General Overhead. Must have the ability to work with a Program Manager and Associate Team members in purchasing material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisitions from start to finish. Individual will be interfacing with Shared Services Buyers, Vendors, Logistics, and Receiving to ensure program milestones are met. Other duties will include administrative office support
- Works with Program team to ensure a streamlined procurement process of materials against program requirements through CostPoint as well as using a credit card for micro purchases.
- Works with programs in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish.
- Maintains reports and monitors material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences.
- Statuses open orders and performs vendor follow ups
- Provide administrative office support as needed
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years prior business experience. Equivalent work experience AND/OR training, certifications, education, military experience combined may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Good organization and communication skills
- Intermediate Excel experience (Pivot Tables, Charts, v-Lookups, Bar Charts)
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance for consideration. This requires US Citizenship.
- Thrives in a team environment
- Buying or supply chain management experience
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.