As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. . Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom MOD logistics programme.
Join a team committed to a Mission!
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Lead the scrum team in using Agile methodology and scrum practices
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments
- Help the scrum and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- Support the product owner and provide education where needed
- Align with existing Leidos delivery standards and identify/craft/suggest improvements thereon
- Craft critical path of sprint activities based on technical/operational dependencies and track accordingly
- Must be a UK Citizen and based in the UK for the duration
- Minimum 5 years experience leading scrum teams for design and implementation of applications, preferably for cloud migrations
- Significant experience in complex solutions for large government organisations or private corporations using a diverse engineering and technology team
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum and unblock obstacles
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not
- Ability to work with and lead a team
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Demonstrable experience of asset and knowledge discovery supporting the creation of knowledge articles.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting data migration within the agile lifecycle.
- Demonstrable experience in working with product owners to identify, deliver and prioritise activities required to build the product backlog.
- Demonstrable experience of working with varied scrum teams at a mix of virtual and physical locations to deliver against the scrum sprints.
- Demonstrable experience of hosting and planning regular stand-ups as well as sprint planning.
- Demonstrable experience of running and presenting retrospectives both physically and remotely.
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience of AWS
- Experience of SAFe
- Considerable experience of Jira, Confluence, TestRail
- Considerable experience of crafting Epics, Stories, Tasks, dependencies and critical paths
- Preference towards Agile Scrum Master certified
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.