Join a team committed to a Mission!
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Europe is seeking a Team Leader who will oversee the day to day running of the Customer Service Desk (CSD) and Forms and Publications (F&P) Teams within the Logistics Commodities Services Transformation (LCST) contract. Ensuring the smooth running of the teams, as well as meeting the agreed SOR’s and dealing with all staff requirements.
The CSD consists of 13 staff split between shift and day staff. It is a 24/7, 365 operation providing front line support to HM Armed Forces and Civil service. The CSD is the first point of contact for all support, queries, complaints and requests for information relating to the LCST contract. The CSD use a JIRA based customer service tool called “KOMODO” as well as answering customer’s calls.
The F&P team consists of 5 members of staff who assist customers in the end to end supply chain for all MOD owned forms and publications as well as liaising with the warehouse staff who carry out the RSMI of the physical items. F&P use a bespoke Inventory Management System called “Millie2” as well as answering customer’s calls and emails.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the below criteria:
- Previous experience leading others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to act proactively, ensuring the smooth operation and effective collaboration of both teams.
- Previous experience of the MOD I.S. systems and Supply Chain, or experience within a large logistics company.
- Previous experience of JIRA or similar customer service tool.
- The ability to work under pressure and lead staff working under pressure.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the 2 combined teams professionally, ensuring staff individually & collectively achieve their potential in support of delivering excellent business performance.
- Ensure staff training is maintained and identify training needs.
- Ensure that all day-to-day outputs of the teams are completed in accordance with agreed timeframes.
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement Process within the Operations Support area and wider LCST.
- Focal point for CSD Komodo tickets within the LCST contract.
- Cover CSD shifts when all other options are exhausted.
- Focal point for F&P on Millie2 within the LCST contract and with the wider MOD stake holders.
- Motivate team members.
- Ensure that the Operations Support Manager is kept appraised of any urgent matters or high profile topics.
- Any other duties designated by Line Management.
Key Result Areas:
- Clear and concise communication of all goals, tasks and other organizational needs to both teams.
- All customer queries are answered by CSD staff to a satisfactory standard, or directed to the relevant Tier 2/3 to answer.
- Monthly CSD stats are recorded and passed to the Management Information team.
- All customer queries are answered by F&P staff to a satisfactory standard and in a timely fashion.
- Staff shift rota and office working rotas are updated and passed to staff in a timely fashion.
- Staff Annual Performance reviews are created, reviewed and completed within the agreed timeframe.
- Duty of care and staff wellbeing are maintained, raising any concerns with your manager as appropriate.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.