Leidos is hiring a System Administrator in Huntsville, Alabama with the Joint Technology Center/Systems Integration Laboratory (JSIL) supporting UAS Simulations. You will be part of a dynamic team that manages the entire IT infrastructure for the JSIL – specifically supporting a mixed environment of physical and virtual machines. This team is running on Windows 10 and Windows Server, as well as VMware applications (Vsphere/ESXi, Horizon Client).
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for Windows laptops, desktops, servers, and VMs.
- Coordinates, directs, and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Plans and implements the modernization of servers and other IT infrastructure.
- Supports Configuration Management activities for machines and AMRULI and a separate CRN.
- Support in Information Systems remediation requirements for ATO accreditation.
- Control User accounts and permissions via security group management.
- Display outstanding technical and professional service skills to all levels of the JSIL organization.
- Additional duties assigned based on business needs.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with 0-2 years of system administration experience. Four (4) years of experience are accepted in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizen with interim Secret Security Clearance to start, with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Able to obtain a CompTIA Security+ Certification within 60 days of employment.
- Experience providing desktop, server and VM support with VMware products and Microsoft technologies
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.