Leidos is a worldwide defense, intelligence, homeland security and advanced technology company. Our program GSM-O is a United States Government program chartered to provide support to the Defense Information System Network and associated networking capabilities. The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) acts as the provider of these services to its customers the Department of Defense and national security organizations.
We are looking for highly motivated, driven, capable candidates to join our GSM-O team! The following areas are looking for qualified interns:
* Network Engineering
* Circuit Activations
* Trouble Management
* Configuration Management
* Performance Management
* Network Operations, Administration and Security
* Network Maintenance
* Software Development
Positions focus around various areas of the network operations support functions including:
* Performing functional analysis of data and network design
* Translating customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
* Performing network design data entry and cleanup tasks
* Performing documentation and metric collections for government delivery. Emphasis on technical writing skills along with a working knowledge of networking concepts
* Performing project planning focusing on the ability to develop logical plans to solve problems based on requirements
* Providing customer support of user's questions and issues during all phases of the Network Engineering lifecycle
* Performing trouble analysis of data and network design
* Development of software and network scripts (bash)
Required Skills and Education:
* Current enrollment in a Bachelor's-granting program in a relevant discipline is required for consideration
* Familiarization with IT and Computer networking concepts (Microsoft Office, OSI Layer, Python, VBA, SQL)
* Ability to perform data entry tasks and run appropriate queries and utilize pivot tables to display, perform analysis, assess trends. Interact with customers and other teams when responding to customer tasking
* Ability to obtain a Top Secret or Secret clearance; Interim Secret required to start (selected candidates will be sponsored for required clearance)
* US Citizenship required
* Local colleges nearby Scott AFB (STL Metro area) need only apply
* Must have own transportation to enter Scott AFB
* Obtaining a CompTIA Security+ certification (or equivalent) may be required for subsequent engagement periods and/or full-time employment upon graduation
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.