Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is seeking an C# Software Developer to join our multi-disciplinary engineering team in support of our cross-platform applications.
Local candidates preferred (Vista, CA) but will consider full remote/telework candidates. Full remote/telework candidates must be open to occasional travel to Vista, CA. (2x annually)
As a Software Engineer on our diverse and collaborative team, you will work alongside our expert Scientists and Engineers, contributing to cutting edge technology with global impact on security detection. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill software development – you’ll be honing your engineering skills with embedded products, real-time programming, and object oriented design, all with the support of a management team focused on your professional growth and advancement.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to develop and maintain cargo inspection detection systems for the Ports and Borders group at Leidos.
- Your role will be to modernize a product and port the legacy C++ code to C#.
- You will develop software following the company's Agile processes and coding standards for new and existing products.
- Interact with Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Scientists to develop code that is consistent with customer requirements.
- Utilize object oriented design principals, practices, and patterns to ensure our code base is reusable and maintainable.
- Use TDD to ensure the code base is tested and to enable refactoring in the future.
- Be proactive in leading group design discussions and/or grabbing another developer to pair program on non-trivial features/code.
- Report project status and issues to management as required. Evaluate customer problems, troubleshoot and assist Field Service Engineers, and help customers through problem resolution utilizing effective written and verbal communication skills.
- BS Degree and 5+ years of overall programming experience.
- Must have a strong programming background with at least 3 years of production product development experience in C#. Proficient in C++, templates and STL.
- Must have strong object oriented design skills (OOD).
- Must be open to using Agile methodologies and practices.
- Must be able to create design documentation, requirements specifications, and other technical documentation.
- Must have strong troubleshooting/bug fixing skills.
- You must be able to work and communicate proactively and effectively in a small cross-functional development team environment.
- Experience with Agile SW practices, particularly TDD.
- Familiarity with OO design patterns, design of loosely coupled extensible architectures.
- Experience identifying code smells and utilizing refactoring techniques to reduce entropy in the code base.
- Experience with a documented form of design such as UML.
- Experience with revision control (e.g. Git) and Agile software process experience (e.g. SCRUM), Multi-threading, TCP/IP networking, bus architectures, Web Services, Visual Studio, ‘C++’, and SQL Server, interfacing with real-time/embedded systems, image processing, TFS and Azure DevOps.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Check out this link to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES), formally known as Security Detection & Automation.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.