Leidos is seeking an Airspace Analyst / Technical Writer to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the Western Service Center location in Des Moines, WA. Due to the technical subject matter of aviation operations, the selected candidate will have knowledge of the National Airspace System. Routine duties will include research, editing, and preparation of written documents and briefings in accordance with all applicable FAA writing standards and guidelines.
Specific duties will include:
- Writing and editing of communications that may be both complex and controversial in nature. This will require researching and preparing technical documents on challenging subjects that can convey complex aviation and airspace issues to a non-technical audience. Products may include but are not limited to: Responses to public inquiries for topics related to the National Airspace System (NAS). Responses to Congressional Inquiries to the FAA of topics of an aviation nature. Director level correspondence on topics of airspace development, community engagement, unmanned aircraft systems, and safety management.
- Review and evaluate requests for information, potential sources of information, level of confidentiality involved, and the appropriateness of release under existing FAA guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor and comply with completion dates and deadlines.
- Coordinate and consult with subject matter experts to fulfill requests regarding the composition and development of a variety of written responses.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA. Position is telework eligible for part of the work week with manager’s approval.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the National Airspace System.
- BA degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be accepted/considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong writing skills that demonstrate the ability to communicate technical information of an aviation nature to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to analyze aircraft flight data and interpret compliance with standard Air Traffic Control procedures.
- Ability to manage strict timelines.
- Ability to follow and apply precise electronic record keeping.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.