Leidos is seeking an experienced threat detection engineer to join our team on a highly visible cyber security single-award IDIQ vehicle. Duties include proactively searching for threats. Inspect traffic for anomalies and new malware patterns. Investigate and analyze logs. Develop custom content within the Splunk SIEM using advanced SPL language and data models) or other network security tools to detect threats and attacks against the department. SIEM Content Developers participate in briefings to provide expert guidance on new threats and will act as an escalation point for analysts. The analyst may also be required to author reports and/or interface with customers for ad-hoc requests. In addition, the threat detection engineer may be asked to participate in discussions to make recommendations on improving SOC visibility or process.
- Capture use cases from subscribers or other team members and develop correlation rules
- Utilize knowledge of latest threats and attack vectors to develop Splunk correlation rules for continuous monitoring
- Develop, manage, and maintain Splunk data models
- Review logs to determine if relevant data is present to accelerate against data models to work with existing use cases
- Develop custom regex to create custom knowledge objects
- Developing custom SPL using macros, lookups, etc., and network security signatures such as SNORT and YARA
- Develop custom dashboards and reports for customer stakeholders
- Train and mentor junior staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field PLUS at least eight (8) years of experience in incident detection and response, malware analysis, or cyber forensics
- Extensive experience working with various security methodologies and processes
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, experience configuring and implementing various technical security solutions, extensive experience providing analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices
- Expert knowledge in two or more of the following areas related to cybersecurity:
- Vulnerability Assessment, Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Access Control and Authorization, Policy Enforcement, Application Security, Protocol Analysis, Firewall Management, Incident Response, Web-filtering, Advanced Threat Protection
- Experience developing advanced correlation rules utilizing tstats and data models for cyber threat detection
- Experienced with creating and maintaining Splunk knowledge objects
- Experienced managing and maintaining Splunk data models
- Experience creating regex for pattern matching
- Experience implementing security methodologies and SOC processes
- Top Secret clearance
- Experience with cloud (e.g. o365, Azure, AWS, etc) security monitoring and familiar with cloud threat landscape
- Completed Splunk Advance Searching and Reporting training
- Experience developing custom scripts using python
- Splunk certifications
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.