The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Network Automation Engineer to support the ongoing development and sustainment of a Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)’s Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract.
While this role is primarily remote one must live within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Pearl Harbor, HI for on-site support.
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
This individual will assist in the design, development, testing, deployment, troubleshooting and incident/problem management for the SDN components.
- Design, develop, document, test and deploy network automation workflows written in Python and Java on the Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) platform.
- Develop network orchestration and management workflows on the Itential Automation Platform.
- Integrate network automations with network devices, including Cisco ASR9K and Juniper MX series routers.
- Develop automated tests using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure and system issues.
- Proactively and independently identify, report, monitor, and mitigate technical risks.
- Frequently communicate and collaborate with other team members to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline, plus 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Software Defined Networking experience, particularly experience with Cisco NSO and Itential.
- Network configuration experience, specifically with Juniper or Cisco routers, to include protocols such as BGP, MPLS, VPLS, Pseudowires and QoS.
- Experience developing network automations on a Linux platform.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
- Ability to obtain an interim DoD Secret security clearance prior to start date.
- Ability to obtain a security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+ CE or CISSP, within 60 days of start date.
- Full software lifecycle experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience developing software in an Agile environment, including the ability to quickly learn new technologies on a rapidly growing project.
- Backend Java and Python software development experience that includes JSON/REST web services development, as well as the parsing, generation and validation of JSON.
- Software analysis and design experience, including the ability to research, analyze, select and design integrations for APIs, as well as develop extensions/plugins for existing tools/components.
- Experience creating software design artifacts, including the creation of functional, technical, and architectural design documentation as well as test cases and installation, deployment and configuration documentation.
- Experience with distributed version control software such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Experience developing software using SDN modeling languages and protocols such as YANG, NETCONF and RESTCONF.
- Experience designing and building automated software testing pipelines using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Experience designing, building and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards, including updating applications and code to meet security scans and meeting security implementation guidelines (e.g. STIGs).
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret or higher security clearance.
- Hold an active security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+ CE or CISSP.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.