The National Solutions Operations (NSO) within the Intelligence Group of Leidos is searching for a Senior Capture Manager to focus on high value capture opportunities (>$100M), responsible for securing existing and winning new business opportunities with Intelligence Community customers – NGA, NRO, and DIA. The position will report to the Vice President of Business Development Operations and Strategy.
The Senior Capture Manager performs a critical role in growing the Leidos business, responsible for developing and executing the overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort. This role Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results, while recommending and implementing new solutions, processes, policies, standards that result in a win. The problems we solve for our customers are complex and typically impact multiple areas and disciplines. Because of this fact, the successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project, while drawing upon expert knowledge of industry practices, advanced techniques and solutions within a professional discipline to develop new standards, processes, and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- Excellent communications skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Experience in capturing/winning large business development programs (>$50M Total Contract Value) within the Intelligence Community with emphasis on opportunity qualification and shaping into solution and proposal submission
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal materials
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance with ability to attain SCI and successfully pass polygraph
- The candidate must be an organized, aggressive, highly skilled professional, knowledgeable in government contracting with excellent leadership and collaboration skills. Knowledge/experience with NRO, DIA, and NGA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal materials experience in fixed price, completion type, or similar preferred
- In-scope Top Secret SCI with polygraph or Active Top Secret with ability to attain SCI with polygraph
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.