This is an opportunity to join a team of highly skilled and innovative network defenders, and the best group of individuals out there. Leidos’ Cybersecurity Intelligence and Response Team (CSIRT) has an immediate opening for a motivated Digital Forensics Sr. Manager. Leidos is an international company made up of 45,000 employees that provides Defense, Intelligence and Health Products to our customers. Our goal is to stay ahead of a myriad of threats and defend against what is known and unknown. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring an expert level of technical and professional skills are applied to investigate HR, Legal and Ethics investigation, litigation requests, and research and deliver clever insider threat detections and analysis. Reporting to the Director of Cybersecurity Intelligence & Response, this position is responsible for leading Digital Forensic and Insider Threat analysts to ensure that Leidos remains safe from those who perform otherwise.
- Continue to develop the CSIRTs investigations, litigation, and insider threat programs by empowering your direct reports to develop new capabilities and improve current processes.
- Brief leadership, team members and other involved parties on high-profile or important matters
- Develop and document current or new processes to help the team retain as much knowledge as possible and share it amongst the larger CIS team
- Provide outstanding leadership and support to external customers, which includes Ethics, HR, Corporate Security, and legal among others.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all digital forensic and litigation matters for senior leadership, coworkers, direct reports, and internal and external customers
- Provide analytical case support to investigations, administrative or security inquiries, counterintelligence risk assessments, or other assessments as needed
- Perform complex forensic investigations and support legal eDiscovery requests and incidents as required.
- Collaborate with all teams in CIS to meet mission success, this can include Endpoint ops, vulnerability management, email ops, and other teams.
- Minimum of seven years' experience in cybersecurity, digital forensics, or insider threat programs
- Minimum of two years managing a Cyber Security team with responsibilities that include digital forensics investigations and/or insider threat
- Able to work with sensitive materials and employee information and always maintain confidentiality
- Very strong understanding of digital forensics on Windows, Linux, Mac, and mobile devices
- Understanding of insider threat detections and analytics, network architecture, SIEM’s (preferably Splunk), as well as other relevant capabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge performing complex corporate forensic investigations, as well as insider threat and counter-intelligence investigations
- Experience building and managing teams
- Ability to function in a fast moving and complex collaborative environment, providing continuous consultation to other analysts and customers, both internal and external to the organization, to leverage analytical and technical expertise.
- Advanced understanding of digital forensic investigations, Insider Threat development, and internal litigation support
- Deep Knowledge of how traffic flows across the network (e.g., Transmission Control Protocol [TCP] and Internet Protocol [IP], services (e.g., web, mail, DNS), and how they interact to provide network communications
- Advanced knowledge of information technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g., firewalls, demilitarized zones, encryption, etc).
- Able to mentor and guide digital forensics analysts to produce top tier reports and conclusions
- Demonstrated Experience with Splunk (preferred) or other SIEM-type platforms
- US Citizenship is required
- Understanding of behavioral based threat models, including ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, PICERL etc.
- Industry standard certification(s) such as: CFCE, EnCE, GCFE, GCFA, GCIH, GIAC, DoD
- Knowledge of system administration, network, and operating system hardening techniques for Windows and Unix
- Programming experience and customized script development (Python preferred)
- Skilled in preserving evidence integrity according to standard operating procedures or national standards.
- Law enforcement investigation experience and understanding of search and seizure
- Knowledge of packet-level analysis
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles
- Knowledge of operating system command-line tools
- Ability to exercise judgment when policies are not well-defined
- Knowledge of new and emerging information technology (IT) and cybersecurity technologies
- Able to acquire and maintain a Secret clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.