If you're interested in being a part of an extraordinary mission, working with our customer who runs the DoD’s largest supercomputing centers and operating some of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, we could use your experience and enthusiasm! You will be providing your technology evaluation expertise to ensure DoD scientists have reliable access to these critical resources. You will be directly supporting the warfighter.
All of your work will be performed on customer site at the Army Core of Engineers Engineering Research and Development Center (ERDC), Vicksburg, MS and an Interim Secret Clearance is required to begin work on the program.
So, what will you be doing in this role?
Perform technology evaluation and/or assessment projects that will eliminate requirements gaps in hardware, software, data-analytics/data-intensive methods, computational-intensive applications, and data center operations and energy efficiencies. Determine feasibility, clarify requirements, document deficiencies, and recommend a course of action to achieve customer objectives. Maintain benchmarking software suite and support applications on new HPC systems. Support technology evaluation projects for government led initiatives that may include the following:
- Assessments, technology opportunities and benchmarking.
- Assess technology opportunities and technology trends including but not limited to data analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cognitive computing, computational simulation, and cloud computing.
- Assess reliability, availability and capability of HPC technologies to identify specific improvements.
- Participate in efforts to develop and improve techniques for better integrating HPC knowledge and methods.
- Assess data processing methods, data quality requirements, and data analysis needs.
- Provide benchmarking and performance modeling support for acquisition support.
- Correlate HPC user requirements with HPC capabilities, techniques, methods and tools.
- Estimate project cost, schedule (milestones), performance objectives, and deliverables.
- Develop a statement of capability describing the details of each HPC project and submit to the Government for approval.
- Develop Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost estimates for Technology Evaluation Projects.
- Support the execution of Technology Evaluation Projects.
These are the required qualifications...
- Must hold an active in scope Secret clearance prior to start. (US Citizenship required)
- Must hold a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 8 years related experience
- Communicates effectively both orally and in a written form with users and office staff
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.