The Transportation and Border Security Services (T&BSS) Division has an opening in Northern Virginia for a Lead Content Designer to support our TSA customer in their Security Operations Center.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Creating threat detection strategies to close visibility and alerting gaps for SOC
- Creating and maintaining high fidelity alerts across all Security Tool technologies
- Working with security methodologies and processes within Security Operations Centers supporting medium-large enterprises.
- Configuring and operating technical security solutions to improve or enhance capabilities and ensure optimal performance
- Analyze, trend, and filter data and events across all data sources to create security dashboards that provide insight into enterprise events, trends, and activity for multiple stake holders
- Develop and formalize processes to support the full lifecycle of content-development (conception, creation, testing, documentation, implementation, tuning)
- Researching attacker methodologies and techniques to identify criteria needed to create high fidelity signatures
Must have experience with:
- Using ATT&CK and/or other frameworks to categorize alerts and signatures
- Baselining enterprise events to identify “normal” activity over time
- SOP development and updating along with training new SOP’s
- Create documentation that details what signatures are supposed to detect, and how to properly triage
- Mentoring Junior and mid Analysts
- Expertise in developing optimized custom SPL using macros, lookups, sub-searches, sequenced events, and other advanced techniques
- Leveraging multiple log sources to identify malicious behaviors that blend in with normal Enterprise activity
- Use regex for direct pattern matching and data extraction
- Using network, endpoint, and other security tools and SIEM technologies
- Automation and security orchestration tools to support Incident Response
- Using Cloud log data and understanding of cloud architecture to develop security monitoring
Must have demonstrable knowledge of
- Network ports and protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS)
- Network security devices (FW, IDS/IPS, Proxy, Email Filtration, DNS, etc.)
- Common host and web application attacks and countermeasures against those attacks
- Industry frameworks such as cyber kill chain and ATT&CK
- APT capabilities and ability to implement appropriate detection measures or counter measures
- Normal working hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm are anticipated, however actual hours may vary depending on mission requirements
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Must possess a current Secret clearance
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of relevant experience
Certification: One of the following certifications is required:
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.