Computer and Network Security Investigators: conduct administrative investigations (i.e. computer misuse, unauthorized disclosures of sensitive or classified information, mishandling sensitive or classified information, etc.); provide computer and network forensic analysis support to SII and Agency investigators; directly support the NGA Cyber Security Operations Cell (CSOC) during responses to computer and network security incidents; and perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide operational support and performance tuning of all virtual Windows systems and applications; perform daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance tasks
- Manage user accounts and settings
- Administers the virtual server environment using VMWare
- Hardens Windows systems in support of Assessment and Authorization milestones, apply OS updates and patches, and manages the underlying hardware
- Mitigate all vulnerability findings and update the Plan of Action/Mitigation (POA&M)
- Install, configure, and maintain third-party applications
- Manage security and policy through the application of Global Policy Objects (GPO)
- Ensure system redundancy and backups
- Manage additional domain services to include remote access, DNS, Active Directory, WSUS, Windows SCCM, and HBSS.
- Participate in multi-functional teams and manage work through JIRA
All applicants must have an active TS/SCI clearance and agree to undergo a Polygraph examination to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's degree (computer science, math, science, engineering or other technical discipline desired) or equivalent experience within related field.
- 3 years of experience administering with a Windows Domain environment
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 or 3
- Proficient in the installation and sustainment of Windows Domains and systems
- Experience maintaining and updating server hardware
Years of experience: Minimum 5 years of technical experience working in a client/server environment. The applicant should have knowledge in the proper use of computer forensics and security compliance tools, and experience conducting network based incident investigations. The applicant should have experience with Guidance Software toolsets to include EnCase Forensics and EnCase Enterprise, and have demonstrated understanding of client/server architecture and TCP/IP protocols. The applicant should have knowledge of modern Windows Server platforms and desktop operating systems. The applicant should have experience maintaining "chain of custody" by following standard rules of digital evidence. The candidate should have an in-depth working knowledge in DOD and IC intelligence regulations, be familiar with intelligence oversight principles, must possess superior writing and briefing skills, and be capable of providing polished analysis documentation.
- Scripting experience (for task automation, data transfer, etc.)
- Experience with VMWare and maintaining virtualized systems
- Experience configuring and provisioning SAN storage
- Experience applying STIGS and hardening Windows systems
This position has a target range for compensation of 91,000 - 101,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.