Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for multiple US federal and international agencies. The HOB program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it several important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The United Kingdom Home Office Biometric (UK HOB) program will transform existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability. The UK HOB program currently has a need for a Systems and Database Administrator to support the program’s infrastructure in Fairmont, WV and Vienna, VA. As a member of the UK HOB Infrastructure team, the selected individual will support management of systems infrastructures, implementation of best practices to identify and recommendations for system functional specifications, configuration of physical and virtual systems, and backup and recovery of IT infrastructure. Support duties may include updating and supporting systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, implementing critical patches, and reviewing systems performance logs to identify anomalies and troubleshoot issues.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Provides all activities related to Oracle Real Application Clusters.
- Provides all activities related to Oracle Automatic Storage Management.
- Provides all activities related to database backup and recovery.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Assist with database implementation, security, privileges, and regular maintenance tasks
- Work within data center operations supporting Windows, Solaris and Linux systems and various application patching, software version updates, network, and security configurations
- Use and maintain server environment technical documentation and system security plans
- Respond to system faults, analyzing and correcting applications or errors to reestablish service
- Aid to identify technical environment issues and recommend solutions to mitigate problems
- Cross train capabilities with other team members
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Must be a US Citizen and have at least a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- BS Degree and minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience or Master’s with 2+ years of relevant experience; experience must include system administration experience and Oracle database administration experience.
- Relational database experience required
- Understanding of database replication
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be proficient in scripting and process automation
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- VmWare ESXi Experience
- AWS Experience
- Veritas Volume Manager Experience
- Basic Unix/Linux server administration experience
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.