As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for multiple US federal and international agencies. The HOB program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it several important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The United Kingdom Home Office Biometric (UK HOB) program will transform existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability. The UK HOB program currently has a need for a Systems and Administrator to support the program’s infrastructure in Fairmont, WV and Vienna, VA. As a member of the UK HOB Infrastructure team, the selected individual will support management of systems infrastructures, implement best practices to identify and recommend system functional specifications, configuration of physical and virtual systems, and backup and recovery of IT infrastructure. Support duties may include updating and supporting systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, implementing critical patches, and reviewing systems performance logs to identify anomalies and troubleshoot issues.
Primary Job Duties:
- Perform discovery and requirements analysis for new system features, analysis of current system capabilities and limitations and design/engineer/integrate new system capabilities to meet requirements.
- Provide support on application performance, desktop performance, and application availability and desktop availability monitoring and reporting.
- Customize the monitoring interface to provide dashboards, monitoring and alerts for all monitored applications.
- Document and test the customizations.
- Use monitoring diagnostic tools to find the root cause of performance issues.
- Assist staff on the use of monitoring diagnostic tools to pinpoint production issues.
- Assist on Root Cause Analysis based on data reported from the monitoring system.
- Create and tune performance monitoring and availability alerts.
- Recommend policies and procedures on actions to take based on the alerts generated.
- Develop standards, policies and procedures around the use of application performance monitoring and availability in the pre-production and production environments, and provide all recommendations for approval prior to any implementation or changes.
- Participate in tuning and troubleshooting efforts.
- Monitor subsystems using customized scripting appropriate to the monitoring tool being used.
- Document operational steps and practices necessary to perform the assigned administrative duties.
- Assist with database implementation, security, privileges, and regular maintenance tasks
- Work within data center operations supporting Windows, Solaris and Linux systems and various application patching, software version updates, network, and security configurations
- Use and maintain server environment technical documentation and system security plans
- Respond to system faults, analyzing and correcting applications or errors to reestablish service
- Aid to identify technical environment issues and recommend solutions to mitigate problems
- Cross train capabilities with other team members
- Must be a US Citizen and have at least a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Requires Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience, or Master’s with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be proficient in scripting and process automation
- VmWare ESXi Experience
- AWS Experience
- Veritas Volume Manager Experience
- Basic Unix/Linux server administration experience
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.