We are looking for a Substation Drafter to work out of our Atlanta office or remotely from Alabama, Mississippi or Tennessee.
** This role has the potential to be 100% remote but the candidate must be the Southeast region of the US**
Substation Drafter responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Using accepted practices and standards to create substation design drawing packages and required documents for electric power substations from 12kV to 500kV.
- Create substation outdoor plan drawing
- Develop an arrangement of substation structures, equipment and foundation plan drawings.
- Develop and create section views and other detail drawings of substation structures, equipment
- Develop substation control building equipment, cable tray and lighting plans
- Develop layout of conduit plan and ground grid design and equipment grounding plan.
Substation Drafter Required Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 3 to 5 years of substation drafting experience using AutoCAD preferably in electric utility industry related projects.
- A combination of education and a demonstrated related experience may be substituted in lieu of education and experience requirements.
- Advanced understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, Word, and Excel to develop project deliverables.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Advanced ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Ability to work in a team environment with others including, but not limited to Project Managers, Engineers and Designers in multi-discipline groups
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
Substation Drafter Preferred Qualifications:
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology or Drafting Technology.
- Experience with utility power substation design knowledge.
- Experience with SDS 3D inventor.
Successful Substation Drafter candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Mentorship Program
In this Substation Designer role, you can also expect to gain skills in:
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines (Substation, Relay Settings, SCADA, and Civil Structural)
- Time management and organization
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Leidos is a trusted technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.