Looking for an exciting new opportunity? Leidos is looking to hire a Senior Cyber Threat Analyst. This position will support the Joint Service Provider (JSP) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) organization with Cyber Threat Intelligence products, management of adversary indicators of compromise, tracking and monitoring of adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures, and leading cyber threat intelligence collaboration internally and externally to JSP. This role will be based onsite at the Mark Center in Alexandria, VA. Some remote work may be allowed. An active TS/SCI security clearance is required prior to start.
- Implement the core Threat Intelligence concepts (ex. Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK, DoDCAR).
- Lead creation and review of reporting on new or emerging threats and threat vectors
- Mentor and train more junior fusion analysts on team tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Utilize SIEM technologies to correlate security events and logs and identify threats.
- Coordinate with SOC and network security team to incorporate threat intelligence into countermeasures to detect and prevent intrusions and malware infections.
- Identify threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures and work with countermeasures team to develops custom signatures, blocks, and correlation logic to detect and/or mitigate adversary activity.
- Understand and employ the MITRE ATT&CK Matrix.
- Understand concepts of log and packet analysis.
- Handle and organize disparate data about detections, attacks, and attackers
- Employ discovery techniques and vetting of new intelligence.
- Create Situational Awareness Reports and Threat Briefs
- Deliver threat briefs to Senior JSP Leadership
- Draft and maintain process documentation for fusion team
- 8570 IAT III and CSSP Analyst certifications required prior to start.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- 12+ years of cyber security experience
- 2+ years of cyber threat intelligence experience
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in IT or Engineering field; additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Very familiar with computer defense technologies spanning endpoint, network, and open source
- Significant experience leveraging Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, and/or MITRE ATT&CK frameworks.
- Threat actor TTP and indicator identification using large data sources.
- Possess a strong understanding how enterprise endpoint and network components contribute to Threat Intelligence and adversary detection.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to brief senior JSP leadership on cyber threat activity and cybersecurity trends.
- Experience working for a Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) or Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Experience using a prominent Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) (ex. Splunk, Elasticsearch, ArcSight, QRadar)
- Custom signature development experience.
- Packet analysis experience.
- Leadership experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.