No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Leidos is seeking a Transmission Line Engineer in South Florida, to work fully remote in South Florida (100% telework), who will work as a member of a dynamic team working in a fast-paced environment, solving challenging problems involved with extra high voltage electric transmission line design. The successful candidate will serve as a Lead Engineer on electric transmission design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra high-voltage (EHV) overhead utility systems. He/she will apply NESC, NEC, ASCE and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electrical overhead, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects and infrastructure replacement projects. Additionally, he/she will assist the team as well as independently perform engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, plans and specifications; as well as prepare material procurement and construction documents, and work with project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management.
We will consider qualified candidates to work fully remote (must reside in the U.S. only) and will require site visits to customer facilities in the South Florida region. This position offers the successful candidate to develop an engineering team with direct report responsibilities. The candidate will also be responsible for managing client relations, proposal development, scope creation, and project management.
To be considered for these positions, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- For Mid-level: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and minimum of four (4) years of prior relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
- For Senior level: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and minimum of eight (8) years of prior relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
- For SME level: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and minimum of twelve (12) + years of prior relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
All levels require:
- Professional Engineering License – Florida (required for Senior and SME Level)
- Ability to develop staff through mentoring
- Experience in reviewing full transmission line designs including PLS-CADD models, foundations, material, plan and profiles, and construction packages
- Knowledge of NESC, ACI, AISC, and ASCE code requirements; construction specifications; material procurement process; project schedules; and construction work packages.
- Develop project scopes, budgets, and proposals
- Ability to work effectively in team environment but also able to work independently
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Must have leadership experience and supervising others (required for Senior and SME Level)
- Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
- Program Expertise:
- PLS-CADD and POLE
- LPILE or FAD Tools
- Microsoft Office
- Program Experience:
- PLS TOWER
- Bentley MicroStation
- Bentley ProjectWise
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Construction Management and Support
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical workplace. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -