Are you interested in being part of a world class team that is supporting one of the world’s largest integrated transportation, logistics and supply chain systems? Interested in a position that will encourage and promote future growth opportunity? If this excites you, Leidos has just the role for you!
The Defense Group at Leidos seeks a Software Engineer for the IGC III contract with USTRANSCOM. This role is primarily teleworking support; however, occasional onsite support will be required at customer site - Scott Air Base, IL; therefore, you must be in the local Scott Air Base area.
As part of the Engineering Team, you’ll be working with IGC, USTRANSCOM’s System of Record for In-Transit Visibility (ITV) and Asset Visibility (AV). You will work hands on with the IGC Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) which is a data repository of integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain data that provides end-to-end visibility from requisition to delivery in theatre. Customers that you will be supporting and sustaining include the Combatant Commands, Services, DOD, and other federal agencies.
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions.
What will you do in this role?
• Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools.
• Perform Configuration Management tasks throughout software lifecycle to manage baseline amid multiple software releases.
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle.
• Use Agile development tools to manage work and collaborate with IGC teams.
• Work with a diverse team of systems and software engineers responsible for the sustainment of an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
• Work directly with the government functional team to understand defects.
• Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing.
• Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
• Conduct various formal and participate in lifecycle reviews.
• Derive data models through requirements gathering with developers and end users.
• Tailor Leidos Engineering procedures to meet program requirements and standards.
• Assist IGC III Operations Manager and Chief Engineer, as necessary.
• Support proposal efforts and other tasks, as required.
These are the required qualifications:
• B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and less than 2 years prior relevant experience
• United States Citizen
• Must be able to obtain DoD Secret Clearance prior to on-boarding (Leidos is able to put you in for clearance but you must wait until fully adjudicated to start).
• Must hold current Security+ CE Certification or equivalent
Experience with the Following:
• Understanding of relational databases
• SQL coding skills
• Working knowledge of UNIX operating systems, distributed systems concepts
• Good writing skills for technical and user documents
• Knowledge of Git
• Willing to learn Java and Python
• Willing to learn account provisioning
• Ability to apply software development process fundamentals.
• Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
• Knowledge of any of the COTS products (i.e. Oracle WebLogic Server, Informatica PowerCenter and Data Transformation, Oracle RDBMS, SAP Business Objects, Teradata Vantage, Redhat Directory Server, IBM Cognos, Citrix)
These are preferred qualifications:
Knowledgeable and/or experience with the following...
• Basic UNIX
• Informatica ETL and Business Objects business intelligence tools a plus
• Teradata and Oracle SQL
• Web Services (SOAP)
• Related domain knowledge (transportation/logistics) a plus
• Software development lifecycle (waterfall, agile)
• Any of the current IGC interfaces (including GATES, GDSS, CMOS, DLA/DAAS (Supply/Requisition), JOPES, TRDM, RFITV, GATES Water, IBS, Commercial EDI, and Asset Visibility Inventory feeds)
• Microsoft tools (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.