Do you love technology? Do you yearn for a job where your main focus is to assess emerging technology and make it come to life? If so, this job is for you!
The ESA V program is looking for an Innovation Lead to focus on emerging technology, assess applicability to the program, set up prototypes, pilot the innovation and transition to production. This position will report to the DOJ IT Portfolio Director and be responsible for driving efficiencies and automation into the portfolio of ESA programs while focusing on an exceptional customer experience. This is a visible position that will report value-based outcomes to executive management and customers. ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ). The program provides a range of IT services, including infrastructure hosting (servers, network devices, storage), management and monitoring, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Active Directory (AD) and Microsoft Exchange services, Mobility Engineering, Security Engineering, software application support, service desk, deskside support, managed print services, ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM), and video conferencing.
This position is virtual and requires working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers and team members.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Lead identification, assessment, and recommendation of new or existing products and emerging technologies for application to the enterprise
- Write White Papers proposing a recommended technological insertion, its merit, and proposed path forward
- Work with the ESA V Chief Engineer (CE) to incorporate innovations/insertions into the Enterprise Technology Roadmaps
- Conduct Trade Studies and Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for analyzing recommended technology deployments
- Lead proof of concept prototypes and pilots to validate the new technology
- Create technical delivery / migration plans for deploying the technical insertion into the production environment
- Identify opportunities and contribute to proposals for on-contract growth and follow-on efforts
- Create/review technical designs and make cost-effective solution recommendations
- Manage projects as a technical lead, possibly overseeing other engineers
- Collaborate with other Leidos innovation and Internal Research and Development (IRAD) leads
- Participate in industry conferences and events as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 8+ years’ experience. A Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Desire to be on the cutting edge of technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess applicability of innovative technology to the ESA V program
- Demonstrated ability to “sell” a new idea to the customer by demonstrating technical merit (benefits, value, cost savings, business case)
- Experience identifying and implementing technology insertion
- Proven success with hands-on development, prototype, trade-off and selection analysis, and evaluation of various technologies
- Ability to quantify the value of the innovation
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOJ Public Trust clearance
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. Current clearance is not required, and selected individual can start the assignment prior to the required security clearance being granted by the customer.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure Cloud environments
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with Zero Trust solutions
- Experience with authentication solutions
- Experience with automation, AI/ML and workflows
- Familiarity with ServiceNow ITSM
Program Specific Salary Range: $125K to $140K
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.