At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
The Leidos team delivers the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
In this exciting role you will use your unique talents and make an immediate impact as a Senior Network Design Engineer in Quantico, VA.
- Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. Operate and manage all aspects of Information Systems, data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation.
- Implement and monitor security measures for communication systems, networks, and provide advice that systems and personnel adhere to established Government security requirements.
- Develop and execute security policies, plans, and procedures. Develop Continuity of Operations Plan/Disaster Recovery (COOP/DR) plans and support certification of Information Systems and Networks. Operate and Design Enterprise solutions for Logging, Forensics, Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), and Design Network Access Control (NAC).
- Design and implement the Enterprise Services portion of the Sensor Grid within the security infrastructure that collects intrusion, incident, and audit data from a collection of sources including, but not limited to, Content Monitoring products, Content Filtering products, Host Based Security System (HBSS) for servers and hosts with the capability for packet capture, deep inspection, and customized signature capability.
- Design and implement HW sensors into the Navy/Marine Corps architecture for on-call and future CND tools. Design, plan, and implement actions on the enterprise as required by each of the Cyber Readiness Conditions.
- Design and integrate Computer Network Defense (CND) mechanisms, including anti-spam tools, Network Access Control, HBSS, and HBSS Device Control Modules at Enterprise locations.
- Assist with the development and integration of identity and access management requirements. Execute Project Management tasks such as developing a Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) for system compliance.
- Monitor and optimize replication speed of directory services. Oversee Rights Management Services for administrators, users and groups.
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and Local Area Network (LAN).
- Perform integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication.
- Administer intrusion prevention. Perform Backup (Disaster Recovery). Perform integration tasks using McAfee IPS and McAfee SIEM.
- Experience with Network Access Control (NAC) and network scanning tools including: Assured Compliance Assessment System (ACAS). Perform integration with standard Active Directory (AD) services plus the availability to use Windows Light Directory Access Portal (LDAP) services for network devices and appliances. Experience with Navy/Marine Corps, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and Joint interoperability of network design, integration, and implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field*
10 Years of Experience
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Must posses a current Secret Security Clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.