Leidos is seeking a Sr. Splunk Systems Engineer who provides expertise to a Security Engineering and Monitoring team tasked with devising and implementing a coherent strategy for infrastructure monitoring and alerting across multiple network environments (including on-premise, cloud and hybrid cloud environments). The ultimate objective of the team is proactive, automatically deployed security and health & status monitoring that sends alerts when potential incidents arise, allowing the appropriate teams to resolve those issues before mission users are affected or systems are compromised. This role supports software systems development in an Agile environment, including documenting system needs, system interfaces, and data sources; and supporting technical planning, development, integration, verification and validation. The desired candidate demonstrates a combination of abilities, including system design and analysis as well as communication and business skills. They implement new systems, correct software and configuration issues in existing systems, and improve performance through software upgrades. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, solution development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
• Utilize experience with Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Enterprise Security including installation and configuration to improve implementation and address evolving system needs.
• Developing and implementing solutions to integrate mission application generated data (collected in S3 buckets or stored on a traditional file system) into Splunk indexes
• Developing and implementing solutions to integrate data provided from AWS CloudWatch and CloudTrail into Splunk indexes
• Integrating data from other COTS monitoring tools into Splunk
• Analyzing data in Splunk indexes to determine relevant queries to populate specialized reporting dashboards, and modify Splunk Enterprise Security default searches to remove irrelevant alerts
• Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable technology solutions to meet mission system monitoring needs
• Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing
• Leverage cloud tools (such as AWS CloudFormation scripts, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS, etc) in the development and hosting of system monitoring solutions
• Participate and contribute in the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
• Use the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to document requirements, configure, test, implement and support efficient solutions
• Derive an understanding of system requirements from stakeholder needs
• Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems; resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues
• In-depth experience with configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting Splunk
• Significant experience with getting data from multiple applications indexed into Splunk
• Extensive experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience with on-prem and cloud environments
• Integration of systems
Bachelor’s Degree with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s Degree with 10-12 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
TS/SCI with Poly required for Position
• Experience working on customer systems
• Understanding of customer system development policies
• Experience with structured analysis and design methodologies
• Extensive experience with system monitoring COTS products
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.