As a Geospatial Intelligence Analyst you will apply expert knowledge of ArcGIS while performing a range of geospatial analysis for an intelligence customer in Springfield, VA. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing geospatial analysis and research in support of intelligence mission requirements. The candidate should have a strong geospatial intelligence background and the ability to independently conduct research and initiate projects as they deem appropriate.
- The positions will be performing data integration and conflation.
- Provide support to produce GEOINT web services publication to develop application-ready content, support GEOINT content metadata-tagging to enable content discovery; and publish GEOINT web services
- Develop discoverable application-ready web services as well as discoverable metadata tagged content
- Provide expertise in schema mapping, data manipulation/editing, metadata tagging, web services publication, vector/raster data expertise as well as data caching expertise
- Provide advice on the most appropriate use of ESRI capabilities and be proficient with GeoServer
- Perform GEOINT Web-services publication as needed to develop application ready content
- **Active TS SCI required**
- Need to know how to edit vector data in Esri, understand NSG/NAS schemas
- Knowledge of NGA foundation GEOINT data (desired experience includes SDE)
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a related field to the support services counts toward the experience requirements.
- Candidates must have experience using ArcGIS (e.g. ArcMap, Arc Catalog and ArcToolbox), as well as other software tools such as NES, IEC, Active EarthScape, GoogleEarth, Remote View, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Candidates must be able to create KML/KMZ, shapefiles, and geodatabases.
- Candidates must have experience conducting research and analysis utilizing databases such as M3, GEMINI and NES.
- Candidates must have knowledge of and experience using with imagery data types such as: NTM, FMV/WAPS, air breather, and civil/commercial sensors.
- Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with team members, customer representatives, external customers, and functional peer groups.
- Successful completion of a formal military or government training program such as the Geospatial Intelligence Training Program (GITP) is highly desired.
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter and capable of working independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Candidate must be able to multitask and deliver quality products within specified timelines.
- Candidate should work well as part of a team effort.
"External Referral Eligible"
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.