At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse Aviation Professionals always have a multitude of career choices. Your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; tuition reimbursement and more.
The High Resolution 3 Dimensional Geospatial Information (HR3DGI) Program at Leidos is seeking an Aircraft Quality Control Manager. This position reports directly to the HR3DGI Program Manager (PM)
- The Aircraft Quality Control Manager responsibilities includes objective evaluation of all aircraft maintenance activities to ensure compliance to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Army regulatory requirements as well as Leidos policy to include, but not limited to;
- Time/Life Limited inspections and overhauls
- Preventative maintenance
- Minor or Major Modifications and Alterations through an FAA 8110-3 Engineering Order (EO) or Supplemental type Certificate (STC)
- Maintenance tracking accuracy
- Ensure the currency of Army Airworthiness Release (AWR)
- Monitor compliance with the AWR
- Conduct site audits relating to aircraft maintenance and Flight and Ground Operations Procedures (FGOP)
- Daily spot audits
- Perform in-process and final inspections
- Ensure current applicable technical data is used for the assigned task to include managing all technical data subscription currency
- Understand current specifications involving inspection tolerances, limitations, and procedures established by the manufacturer of the article(s) being inspected.
- Audit to determine accurate aircraft, engine, propeller, component logs and other records pertinent to airworthiness
- Perform audits and inspections necessary to ensure applicable documentation is properly completed
- Collaborate with the HR3DGI Quality Assurance department to ensure continuity of FAA, DCMA, Army, ISO, IS-BAO and Leidos requirements
- Oversight of Aircraft Weight and Balance
- Ensure Mission Equipment Package (MEP) maintenance and inspections are in accordance with established Leidos policies, and OEM procedures or other acceptable or approved technical data
- Address Internal and External Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and provide a timely, sustained resolution through Root Cause Analysis
- Ensure sensor modifications or component changes are in compliance with approved technical data and procedures
- Prepare and/or present weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Other duties as assigned by the PM
- Requires BS and 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be used in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 10 years Beechcraft King Air aircraft maintenance and inspection experience within the past 3 years
- Minimum 5 years experience managing a cadre’ of aircraft quality assurance and quality control personnel
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) certification
- Inspection Authorization (IA) or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Clear understanding of the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) 8210.1c and ISO 9100/9110 basis of certification
- Ability to read and follow structural drawings as well as OEM technical publications
- Experience using the Automated Weight and Balance Software (AWBS)
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Must be able to interpret drawings and engineering orders during inspection of individual parts made locally and off-site to ensure items meet specifications
- Must be able to read and understand installation instructions, drawings and other material related to FAA 8110-3 EO and STC based modifications and alterations
- Clear understanding of FAA regulations 43, 91, 145 and use of FAA form 337.
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- General Aviation, Turbo prop and business jet experience
- Experience in subcontractor surveillance
- Experience reviewing, updating, and making improvements in aviation program manuals, forms, and records
- Up to 25% travel required to CONUS and/or OCONUS sites
- A valid U.S. passport
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.