Leidos is seeking a Transmission Line Designer to work out of the Chicago office.
The successful T-Line Designer candidate will work in a team atmosphere to provide technical and project support for high voltage transmission line projects.
The T-Line candidate must be AutoCAD and MicroStation proficient, and able to utilize materials from different sources like: client standards, images, emails, sketches, dxf exports and others. The candidate must have basic knowledge of engineering drawing requirements with Transmission Line Projects in order to assist with the development of project drawings which includes but is not limited to: Maps, Structure Lists, Plan and Profiles, Phasing Drawings, Foundation Drawings, Structure Assemblies and Details, Permitting, and others. He/She must be able to track and manage various projects at a time to meet deadlines and assist in the preparation of submittals.
Must have great organization skills in order to keep up with file management. The individual must maintain a high level of quality and efficiency requiring personal accountability with self-checks to minimize errors, ensuring a quality product that meets company and client’s needs.
- Development of drawing packages for transmission projects (Plan and Profiles, Framing drawings, Load trees, hardware & detail drawings, permits, soil borings, route maps and others.
- Assist in compiling documents for client submittals.
- Ability to work with multiple projects at the same time to meet deadlines.
- Proofs own work to minimize errors and increase quality.
- Ability to complete assigned task in a timely manner.
- Must be able to assist others when needed and follow directions clearly from engineers as well as peers.
- Prepare simple PLS-CADD and PLS-Pole models.
- Acquire and maintain access to the client’s system in order to retrieve and post project documents.
T-Line Designer Required Education & Experience:
- BS degree + 2 - 4 years relevant experience OR BA degree or AS degree + 4 years relevant experience OR MS degree + 2 years relevant experience OR HS diploma + 8 years relevant experience
- 2 + years experience in AutoCad & MicroStation transmission line drafting
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
T-Line Designer Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with ESRI, Civil 3D, PLS-CADD, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership training
- Management opportunities
In this role, you can also expect to gain experience / expertise in:
- Structural Pole Modeling
- GIS design
- Project management
- Financial management
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.