At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of an ASI Watch Officer to support our government client at the DJOC (DISA Joint Operations Center) at Ft. Meade, MD. In this role, you will enable Command and Control (C2) of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) by ensuring its overall health through 24/7 monitoring, directing, controlling, coordination, de-conflicting, synchronizing, and reporting the current status of Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI) to DJOC Battle Captains and DISA Current Operations senior leaders.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Synchronize with DISA ASI managers to validate which future planned maintenance activities should be tracked from initiation of work to completion of tasks.
- Provide input, where needed, of additional activities that should be added to the current focus areas.
- Provide solutions to leaders to prevent operational impact due to overlapping maintenance windows.
- Provide input to leaders when a maintenance activity has exceeded its maintenance window, and provide input if the extended window is feasible from an operations perspective.
- Provide an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the ASI process across all DISA services to include Transport, Application and Service.
- Execute in real time, in accordance with mission requirements the tracking of current and pending ASIs that will impact the DODIN. Examples include, but are not limited to: system reboots, facility power events, software updates, implementation of security patches, hardware upgrades/replacements, cable repairs/upgrades, routine preventive maintenance, and other similar activity that will result in a service interruption.
- Provide situational awareness of ASI whenever shared systems, equipment, servers, applications, or services are required to be down to accomplish either a short notice (uncoordinated) or pre-planned (coordinated) maintenance activities.
Other responsibilities include supporting the ASI team which:
- Reviews ASI’s and identifies conflicts and provide situational awareness of over 300 ASI's per month.
- Conducts an average of 100 Sr. level executives briefing per year.
- Prepares 365 DCC priority/High Interest ASI presentations per year for DISA’s Morning Operational Brief.
- Fields on average 150 informational requests per month.
- Fields on average 300 telephone calls per month.
The position is also an active participant in the Contingency Support and the Emergency Readiness Group (ERG) and employees are considered emergency personnel who will perform duty functions at customer off-site facilities within the DC Metro area.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 6+ years of overall related experience. Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with various Microsoft technologies such as MS Office 2013 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Experience with system applications including: Global Ticket Management System (GTMS) Remedy, World Wide Online System (WWOLS), NCCM-R, or Telecommunications Certification Office Support System (TCOSS)
- Good oral and written communication skills
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Current DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce
- ITIL V3
- Experience with supporting the following applications: Mission Assurance Decision Support System (MADSS), Integrated Network Management System (INMS), Direct Connect Online (DCO), SKIWEB
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.