No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Currently, we have opportunities for Telecommunication/Fiber Engineers for utility joint-use design and small cell engineering to support our Durham/Charlotte/Virginia offices. Leidos is trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to our Power Delivery Services for reliable power expertise and knowledge of utility standards, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 5 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
• Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
• Professional Engineer License (PE)
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Leadership training
• Management opportunities
In this role you can expect to gain:
• NESC expertise
• Distribution Standard training
• NJUNS experience
• GIS design training
• Joint-Use Design and Make-Ready expertise
• Project management
• Financial management
Duties will include but not limited to:
· Developing the work packages for Broadband Install and Make Ready installs using field data collected from distribution poles.
· Will be comfortable in both a field and office setting and will be trained in customer engineering and construction standards.
· Supporting structural analysis and guying calcs
· Coordination of conflicting utilities, and other field engineering design requirements, the assessment and development of design big packages for county-wide universal broadband build-out plans, work permit development, and easements/ROW applications.
· Develop a design into final construction plan set for small cell/telecom projects following client and customer equipment and install standards.
· Responsible to lead design expectations, timelines, budgets, project details, and quality control checks.
Background must haves:
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree (Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical preferred) is required and a minimum of two (2) + years of prior relevant experience in a similar field.
· Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation
· Local customer/job related travel is anticipated and will be reimbursed at IRS approved rates
Nice to haves:
• EIT/FE credentials or PE license is preferred
• Experience providing estimated costs, development of a BOM
• Experience with design tools such as Pole Foreman, O-Calc, Spida-Calc
• Experience using AutoCAD
• Experience with utility design standards
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies."
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.