Leidos Government Health Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an experienced Operations Lead, contingent upon contract award, to support NIH programs in Bethesda, MD. The position is part of a highly visible Health Information Technology (IT) services effort. As the largest biomedical research agency in the world, NIH has access to extensive data via numerous web applications, data services and other mechanisms, and requires advanced business intelligence dashboards to support smart decision making.
The ideal candidate is a good communicator, works well in teams as a leader and an individual contributor, and an intellectually agile problem-solver able to deal with complex concepts comfortably. The candidate will be able to retain composure and work well in a multi-layered team while developing standard practices, participating in cross training, and sharing solutions for consistent support of the systems.
As the Operations Lead, you will be able to demonstrate the skills, ability and experience required to do the following:
- Lead and manage the team responsible for the daily operations of Enterprise Data warehouse
- Ensure the reliability and performance of databases and data warehouse
- Design and implement Data Warehouse and ETL systems
- Design and implement scalable data pipelines for both internal and external data sets
- Collaborate with internal departments to prioritize projects and deliverables
- Manage a team of Data Engineers responsible for ETL processes
- Work with customer requirements, mining data, working with software development teams, creating data-driven dashboards, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions
- Research and implement cutting edge solutions to solve challenges related to ETL/ELT, data processing, and analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 10+ years of relevant experience or Master’s degree with 8+ years of related experience
- Hands-on Database Administration or ETL experience
- Have proven track record of leading and scaling data teams
- Experience in architecting data warehouse solutions in Cloud
- Experience as an operations lead on data warehouse and business intelligence programs
- Experience with managing 24/7 operations with 99.5% environments availability to the users
- Experience with developing Infrastructure modernization strategies and roadmaps including Cloud
- Strong understanding of data warehousing principles and practices
- Experience implementing data governance policies, specifically with regards to sensitive data such as PII
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience managing semi-structured data
- Have a strong background leading, mentoring operational Oracle teams, expertise, and hands on experience with supporting large, integrated Oracle enterprise systems
- Have experience with Data Cloud, Data warehouse, Analytics, and/or Multi Cloud environment (Amazon, Azure)
- Have strong big data engineering and architecture skills
- AWS/Azure/Oracle Cloud certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate)
- Experience with Qlik, Power BI or other business intelligence tools
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.