Leidos is currently seeking a talented SOC Analyst to support the US MINT Security Operation Center (MSOC). The program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. US Mint SOC Analysts will conduct security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response activities in support of the operational mission.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with tools commonly deployed in a SOC environment such as, intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis systems, security information event management platforms (SIEM), endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in network defense environments.
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Incident Handling (Detection, Analysis, Triage), Hunting (anomalous pattern detection and content management) and Malware Analysis.
- Prior experience and ability to with analyzing information technology security events to discern true positive incidents from false positive events. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
- Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and/or log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is required (preferably within Splunk).
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts. An understanding of SPL is preferred.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing security events from host and network event sources e.g., windows event logs, AV, EDR, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent).
- Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g., Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g., TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g., SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Experience with the identification and implementation of countermeasures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
- An understanding in researching Emerging Threats and recommending monitoring content within security tools.
- Experience in analyzing NetFlow data and packet capture (PCAP).
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies, specific tools: Splunk (including Core and ES), Cisco FireSight, FireEye, Palo Alto.
- Washington, DC or Hybrid (2 days onsite/remote) - Potentially remote eligible pending customer approval
- Typically requires BS degree with 2+ years of relevant experience.