Leidos seeks an engineer with a communications background to work as an integral government/contractor team member. This position requires a current TS/SCI with Polygraph. As a communications engineer, you will work directly with the government/contracting organization supporting operational programs and advanced research and development in radio frequency or other technological systems. In this role, you will support life cycle acquisition, design, operation and maintenance. Your work will encompass advanced technologies, system hardware, communications modeling and simulation, and other future communications capabilities to meet the customer needs.
- The candidate must have the ability to create, collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings, develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Experience using RF and other technological advancements to address challenging customer requirements.
- Experience and vast understanding of government and/or commercial relay satellites systems.
- Experience designing or conducting design reviews of complex communication systems, components, facilities, and the equipment associated with communications and modernization of the communications systems.
- Extensive knowledge of network engineering and operations knowledge, integration, test and evaluation activities, to include cloud-based networks or interconnects between local and cloud-based networks.
- Experience communicating and presenting complex topics across all organizational levels.
- Experience solving highly complex problems using a significant application of technical knowledge, such as link budget analysis, and RF performance modeling.
- Experience performing radio frequency propagation and interference analysis for design and optimization in challenging electromagnetic environments.
- The candidate must be able to work in a dynamic environment and work effectively both alone and as part of a team.
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph. Candidates who do not possess this clearance will not be considered.
- Experience supporting classified networks
- Bachelor's degree in any engineering field and 8 years of relevant experience in communications or computer network architectures. Experience or education may be a year for year substitute for the other.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.