The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Linux Systems Administrator for the Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). This role is primarily remote, but candidates must be within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL, Ft. Meade, MD, or Ogden, UT for on-site support.
- Work independently to ensure the reliability, availability and security of the solution by proactively monitoring the system, troubleshooting, and resolving issues to ensure high availability and continuity of operations.
- Maintain configuration management and baseline control of development, test, pre-production and production environments.
- Conduct regular security scans, analyze results and implement resolutions including testing of new hardware and software and ensure compliance with DISA STIGs.
- Operate and maintain the solution, including patching of operating systems and COTS/FOSS/GOTS applications.
- Perform and test regular backups.
- Monitor and tune system and network performance, including RHEL and VMWare systems, for optimal system availability.
- Configure, manage and maintain components of the solution (application servers, load balancers, databases, operating systems, etc.)
- Deploy systems in the Lab environment, integrate with other systems, perform testing and validation.
- Manage, track and maintain configuration items including licenses, SSL certificates and the hardware/software baseline.
- Support baseline deployments, upgrades and updates to the production environment including the installation and configuration of new software and hardware.
- Lead planning and migration of infrastructure and applications from the Data Center environment to the AWS cloud.
- Create, maintain and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Perform trend analysis on component failures, network/node outages, and system performance parameters.
- Interact with software and hardware vendors to evaluate vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software.
- Work with network engineers and developers to troubleshoot environment issues as necessary.
- Escalate support issues to vendors as necessary and coordinate resolution.
- Manage access including creation and management of user and service accounts.
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline and 5 years of relevant experience; Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Ability to obtain Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date.
- Experience installing, managing and maintaining RHEL 7 Linux servers in a production environment
- Experience troubleshooting and managing virtualized infrastructure in an VMware ESXi environment.
- Experience deploying and managing infrastructure and software applications in AWS
- Experience applying DevOps concepts and tools to automate repetitive tasks and ensure baseline consistency across multiple environments
- Experience installing, configuring, securing, deploying, managing, monitoring and maintaining a variety of complex software products across multiple environments.
- Experience with the deployment of McAfee HBSS tools in a Linux environment
- Experience with scripting in Bash and experience in other languages such as Perl or Python
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Application and configuration of security settings and other IA best practices, such as those as required by DISA STIGs and SRGs
- Experience supporting, installing and configuring enclave Ethernet switches, storage area networks (SAN), and network attached storage (NAS).
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)/Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC)
- Active Secret with SSBI or Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience managing HPE integrated BladeSystem enclosures, including Onboard Administrator, iLO and interconnect modules
- Experience managing and using Ansible automation tools
- Knowledge of Git and the Git version control model
- Understanding of PostgreSQL, including monitoring, managing and maintaining replicated databases
- Experience supporting, installing and configuring enclave Fiber/Ethernet switches, HPE storage area networks (SAN)/ network attached storage (NAS)
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy and/or Atlassian JIRA
- Experience administering and configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.