Leidos is seeking a Jr DevOps Engineer on the Department of Commerce Enterprise Security Operations Center Contract. The candidate will be customer-facing and perform a variety of assignments associated with data management, content development, and system integrations. The position will be part of a growing IT team working on multiple information systems in a high-demand setting.
The candidate will work to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of SIEM, LogStream products, and use cases.
- Identify and address technical issues by finding the root cause, formulating solutions or workarounds, and guiding customers efficiently, accurately, and professionally
- Help roll out, troubleshoot, and manage supported LogStream resources agency-wide.
- Address inbound support questions for enterprise customers
- Assist with SIEM integrations and log onboarding tasks.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the enterprise or outside the organization.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following:
- Experience with building data pipelines
- Experience administering Linux operating system
- Ability to troubleshoot moderate to complex problems
- Basic understanding of networking and networking concepts
- Understanding of configuration management concepts and principals
- Ability to present technical details to non-technical personnel
- Passion for working with large volumes of data in fast-paced environments.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following skills:
- Experience structuring data using Cribl.
- Experience with Java Script (Highly Preferred.)
- Experience with Regular Expressions.
- Experience with writing reusable code
- Must be a US Citizen
- Possess an interim or active Secret clearance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum BS degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Minimum Cribl Administrator Certification.
- Cribl Engineer Certification
- Experience with Logs, Metrics, IT Operations and Security
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.