Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division has an opening for an Airframe Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide aerial intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance platforms for today’s warfighter.
What’s in it for you?
The Airframe IPT Lead will oversee aircraft configuration design/development, requirement decomposition/ development/tracking, trade studies, simulation & modeling, integration, implementation, and certification of aircraft systems. The IPT Lead will also manage other subsystem leads developing systems that comprise the aircraft, working closely with the Chief Engineer & Program Manager.
The Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead will provide project-specific cross-functional leadership in a matrix organization with responsibility for planning, monitoring, controlling and reporting on key technical product development activities. The IPT Lead is accountable for ensuring the assigned team's objectives are achieved within the scope, schedule and budget allocation, and consistent with quality and technical standards.
The IPT Lead will utilize their business and technical acumen to drive program/technical decisions and objectives. They are responsible for planning and coordinating the resources required to execute the project and assigning responsibility to activities. The IPT Lead, in cooperation with a Program Manager who will be assigned to the IPT, will be responsible for the generation and maintenance of the schedule, comparing actual results to a baseline plan and assessing project performance, conducting risk management, supporting gate reviews, facilitating peer reviews of all work products produced by the team and identifying root cause and corrective actions to improve project execution.
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
- Has authority and accountability for technical scope, schedule, and cost
- Primary point of contact for the technical, cost, risk/opportunity, and schedule performance of the specific development effort
- Engage with other IPT Leads, Chief Engineers, Functional Managers, and leadership to promote successful program planning and execution
- Manage the subsystem leads who are developing the systems that comprise the aircraft
- Frequent collaboration with multiple functions (e.g., certification, systems and safety engineering, hardware design, software, manufacturing, flight test, etc) and the program office
- Leads technical development efforts related to the concept, architecture, design, development, integration, validation, performance assessment, risk management, and flight test
- Support overall Program by contributing schedule inputs and changes into the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), maintaining timely and effective change management processes and procedures
- Monitor engineering performance and ensuring that issues are addressed immediately and corrective actions and recovery plans are implemented expeditiously
- Plan and coordinate activities to support verification and validation, including oversight of designing test fixtures, authoring test plans and associated reports
- Coordinate the engineering review, approval and release processes
- Support multidisciplinary program reviews and presentations throughout the different phases of development, certification, and production readiness with internal and external stakeholders
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or STEM field
- 7+ years of experience in engineering development and leadership with responsibility for project scheduling and management
- 3+ years of experience in leading a multi-functional, technically oriented engineering team
- 5+ years experience with airplane or helicopter certification
Minimum Qualifications (Please be able to speak to each)
- Experience with all phases of the development life-cycle including planning, conceptual design, requirements definition, preliminary design, prototyping, test and evaluation, detailed design, integration, formal verification, entry to production, etc.
- Strong engineering analytical and technical writing skills with demonstrated experience authoring formal analysis reports and supporting design reviews
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills with ability to present data and explain results to leadership, subordinates & peers
- Experience performing cost and schedule management
- Experience with risk, issues, and/or opportunity management
- Expertise in project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Confluence, and/or JIRA
- Strong decision making abilities
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals
- Experience mentoring junior engineers and promoting two-way communication
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Knowledge of systems engineering and systems safety analyses and processes
Security Clearance Requirement
- Ability to obtain and maintain SECRET security clearance
- Up to 25% travel required
- Graduate level degree in engineering or STEM field
- Successfully helped organizations transition from the R&D stage to a product delivery and execution mode
- Experience developing complex operational systems using System Engineering processes and methods, including architecture development, systems integration, requirements development, validation, verification, etc.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), including use case development, activity diagrams, logical architecture, etc.
- Familiar with CAD software such as NX, Solidworks, CATIA, etc.
- PMI Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.