Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division has an opening for an Aerospace Structural Design Manager to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide aerial intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance platforms for today’s warfighter.
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
- Manages staff and assigns tasks to engineering and technical personnel.
- Leads teams in the development of new products, solutions, and processes.
- Oversees resource allocation for multiple concurrent projects.
- Strives to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs, and to reduce waste.
- Assures that processes meet quality and safety compliance guidelines.
- Collaborates with other team leaders and departments.
- Forges and maintains relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Advocates on behalf of team members by securing adequate resources for success.
- Communicates technical information to non-technical stakeholders, including investors and potential customers.
- Supports proposals and technical artifact creation and delivery
- Predictive staffing analysis and performance tracking
- Provides mentorship to employees
- Designs, implements, and refines product development, testing, and manufacturing processes.
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or STEM field
- 7+ years of experience in engineering development and product lifecycle management with responsibility for project scheduling and management
- 5+ years experience with airplane or helicopter certification
- 3+ years of experience in leading a multi-functional, technically oriented engineering team
Minimum Qualifications (Please be able to speak to each)
- Proficiency using presentation software to explain complex information to non-technical management personnel and other stakeholders
- Flexible thinking, including the ability to pivot and try new approaches when faced with challenges
- Organizational, planning, and documentation skills
- Data analytics skills and experience
- Leadership, teambuilding, and mentoring skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- High-level knowledge of relevant technology and processes
- Experience with all phases of the development life-cycle including planning, conceptual design, requirements definition, preliminary design, prototyping, test and evaluation, detailed design, integration, formal verification, entry to production, etc.
- Strong engineering analytical and technical writing skills with demonstrated experience authoring formal analysis reports and supporting design reviews
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills with ability to present data and explain results to leadership, subordinates & peers
- Experience performing cost and schedule management
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals
Security Clearance Requirement
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret security clearance
- Up to 25% travel required
- 3+ years of experience, personnel and project management skills
- Graduate level degree in engineering or STEM field
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Experience using structural analysis tool/software (FEA, DTA)
- Experience using computer-aided design (CAD) platforms
- Successfully helped organizations transition from the R&D stage to a product delivery and execution mode
- Experience developing complex operational systems using System Engineering processes and methods, including architecture development, systems integration, requirements development, validation, verification, etc.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers and promoting two-way communication
- Knowledge of systems engineering and systems safety analyses and processes
- Enterprise thinking
- Experience with risk, issues, and/or opportunity management
- Expertise in project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Confluence, and/or JIRA
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.