Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services is a US Government program responsible to monitor, detect, analyze, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the DHS Enterprise. The DHS SOC has primary responsibility for monitoring and responding to security events and incidents detected at the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) and is responsible for directing and coordinating detection and response activities performed by each Component SOC. Direction and coordination are achieved through a new shared DHS incident tracking system and other means of coordination and communication. Leidos is seeking a Tier 2 Incident Response Analyst to join our team on this highly visible DHS CBP SOC Program.
This position will support a 24X7 shift schedule.
The Incident Responder will perform the following:
• Coordinate investigation and response efforts throughout the Incident Response lifecycle
• Correlate and and analyze events and data to determine scope of Cyber Incidents
• Acquire and analyze endpoint and network artifacts, volatile memory, malicious files/binaries and scripts
• Recognize attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures as potential indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and Incident Response.
• Develop, document, and maintain Incident Response process, procedures, workflows, and playbooks
• Tune and maintain security tools (EDR, IDS, SIEM, etc) to reduce false positives and improve SOC detection capabilities
• Document Investigation and Incident Response actions taken in Case Management Systems and prepare formal Incident Reports
• Create metrics and determine Key Performance Indicators to drive maturity of SOC operations
• Develop security content such as scripts, signatures, and alerts
The ideal candidate will possess:
• In-depth knowledge of each phase of the Incident Response life cycle
• Expertise of Operating Systems (Windows/Linux) operations and artifacts
• Understanding of Enterprise Network Architectures to include routing/switching, common protocols (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, etc), and devices (Firewalls, Proxies, Load Balancers, VPN, etc)
• Ability to recognize suspicious activity/events, common attacker TTPs, and perform logical analysis and research to determine root cause and scope of Incidents
• Be familiar with Cyber Kill Chain and have utilized the ATT&CK Framework
• Have scripting experience with Python, PowerShell, and/or Bash
• Ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
• Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
• Strong problem-solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
•Ability to communicate with all levels of audiences (subordinates, peers & leadership)
All Department of Homeland Security CBP SOC employees are required to favorably pass a 5-year (BI) Background Investigation. Experience in the areas of incident detection and response, malware analysis, or computer forensics.
Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber Security, or related field and 8 years of related experience. Additional years of experience and cyber certifications may be considered in lieu of degree.
Should have at least one of the following certifications:
SANS GIAC: GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GPEN GCFE, GREM
CISSP OSCP, OSCE, OSWP
Experience in cyber government, and/or federal law enforcement FISMA systems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.