UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Software Engineer to join our Enterprise Applications team within our CIO Services group. As a key member of the team, you will play a valuable role providing software development, design, automation, and system integration capabilities for multiple corporate project initiatives. Working on these initiatives, you will participate in challenging projects spanning multiple tiers- from the database layer through middleware/API interfaces and up to and including application user interfaces. The ideal candidate will have experience within many disciplines including (but not limited to) database design, software development, and system/network administration. This role will require strong inter-personal skills, experience with many different established technical frameworks, and the ability to independently learn and adapt to new technologies and paradigms as they are introduced.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
As the global CIO Services organization, we enable the enterprise to execute its mission to grow through innovation, collaboration, and effective use of information and technology. Through our world class talent and technology, we will provide differentiated and agile services, partnering with the enterprise to strategically transform, defend and grow the business, developing and implementing solutions that we can use to support our customers' mission.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Develop both software and database solutions spanning multiple frameworks and technologies, including but not limited to C#, .NET Core/Framework, ASP.NET, SQL, PowerShell and web frameworks (React, jQuery, Angular and similar)
- Candidate must be familiar with the agile software development process and related tools (Azure DevOps, Jira or similar)
- Cloud development - supporting both the migration of legacy systems into the cloud (AWS and Azure) as well as development of new, cloud technologies such as IaC (Infrastructure as Code), IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), serverless, containers, microservices, and more
- Automation experience (CI/CD pipelines)
- Development of middle-tier application layers and Application Programming Interfaces (REST, GraphQL, SOAP)
- Keen understanding of system and network administration principles to support design, development, configuration, and troubleshooting of multiple interconnected, enterprise-wide, hybrid cloud/on-prem systems.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of prior relevant software development / software engineering experience, including experience working in an enterprise environment. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Experience with several software development languages and frameworks, including C#, .NET Core/Framework, ASP.NET/Core, PowerShell, and other software development languages/frameworks
- Experience designing and developing with multiple database technologies, including SQL Server and Oracle (SQL Scripting, writing stored procedures and functions)
- Experience and broad understanding of system and network administration, including Active Directory, IIS, and security infrastructure
- This role requires excellent oral and written communication skills and command of the English language.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and microservices
- Experience and proficiency working with cloud-based technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Development of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Experience with BI, reporting, and analysis tools (Power Platform)
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.