The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking a Software Engineer to support the Integrated Threat Warning Laboratory (ITWL) at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. The ITWL performs risk reduction experiments and characterizes advanced aircraft threat warning systems using hardware-in-the-loop techniques. Most of the work is classified, so US citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance is a must. The selected candidate will help us maintain and develop the state-of-the-art Tactical Aerospace Laser Optical Simulator (TALOS) software system used in the ITWL, as well as develop applications for threat warning systems equipment and measuring devices.
- Support ongoing research and development (R&D) projects and system testing
- Provide scientific programming
- Develop software applications in C++, C, Matlab®, and Python
- Design, develop, analyze, document, and test software products, systems, or subsystems
- Complete software tasks while meeting customer's schedule and performance requirements
- Work closely with the customer to develop project software requirements and develop designs to best support the ITWL, while considering cost and schedule constraints
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s Degree with at least 1 year or prior relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Coursework or experience in C++ and C
- Familiar with Embarcadero C++ Builder, Microsoft Visual Studio, or other integrated development environment
- Experience in object-oriented development
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Winsocket client/server protocol
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Knowledge of optical systems
- Matlab® and/or Python experience
- Understanding of software life-cycle from requirements specification through design, implementation, and testing phases
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.