Leidos is seeking a Drafter to work out of our Chicago office.
As a drafter, you will coordinate directly with our civil engineers supporting our substation/transmission civil-structural work creating construction ready plans, sections, and details for structures/foundations.
The prospective drafter candidate will demonstrate the ability to take basic direction and drawing markups from engineers to start projects and create comprehensive final drawing packages for our client base.
Drafter Primary Responsibilities:
- Prepare civil-structural plan and detail drawings for above grade support structures and below grade foundation details.
- Ensure engineering design details are properly represented as drawn to scale items, bill of material creations, and follow client provided drafting standards for layers, title blocks, and other industry specific requirements.
- Exercise good judgment in selecting and interpreting data based on survey results
- May provide additional support on additional civil engineering project work, including site work and development.
- May provide additional support to our physical design group in laying out plans, sections, and details for substation projects
Entry Level Drafter Required Qualifications:
- HS Diploma with 1-3 years of experience
- Direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education, along with CAD certificate
- Proficient in AutoCAD (no exceptions)
- A substantial attention to detail
- Effective communication supported by a philosophy of continuous improvement and teamwork is required.
Entry Level Drafter Additional Preferred Qualifications
- AA degree in Engineering Technology in a CAD or related scientific/technical discipline
- Experience with Microstation
- Experience with Revit
- Experience with 3D drafting
- Experience in the utility market
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. At Leidos, we seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $36,400.00 - $56,000.00 - $75,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.